The Sisk Foundation was established in 1985 in response to a monumental legacy gift from the estate of J. Kelly Sisk.
According to the provisions of the Trust Agreement, grants are made each year from the disbursement of net income from the investment of his gift. It is a privilege to support the work of qualifying organizations as they seek to reach out to and support the needs of people in Greenville County.
The Sisk Foundation has granted over 3.5 million dollars to our community since 2006.
Community Grant Process
The Sisk Foundation of Buncombe Street United Methodist Church is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for our 2021 grant cycle. The grant guidelines that the Sisk Advisory Council will follow in reviewing grant requests are provided here for your review. Please only submit requests that meet these guidelines.
- Applications will be accepted through the month of January 2021.
- The Application must be fully completed.
- Application must be no more than 4 pages – please submit 2 copies if using the printed application.
- Applications are to be mailed, completed online, or delivered and must be received no later than January 31, 2021. Applications received after January 31 will not be accepted.
Buncombe Street United Methodist Church
200 Buncombe Street
Greenville, SC 29601
Attn.: Sisk Advisory
- The Sisk Advisory Council will review applications, and agencies will be contacted for site visits mid-February through early March. If selected for a site visit, please be prepared to provide the following at that visit:
o Board of Directors listing
o Current budget (an abbreviated format is acceptable)
o Most recent year end financial statement
- Grants will be awarded in April.
- Agencies receiving Sisk grants must submit a project evaluation for the previous year’s funding to be eligible to apply again.
- Questions may be directed to Mary Bulla using the following form:
I have a question about the Sisk Foundation grant process:
Applications are received and reviewed by the Sisk Advisory Council according to the Guidelines. The Council’s recommendations for funding are presented to the Sisk Trustees for approval.